One Chance One Chance

Simple but with a profound meaningful experience

I love this idea. You really got me to think about what I could do to change things and constantly think of whats more important, being with family or working on a futile attempt at a cure.
I took Molly to the park only to have her die. When i went there the next day, she was there again on my back but as soon as I pressed anything, she disappeared. I found that so touching and creepy. You definitely put a great deal of thought into this man. This is wonderful. I shall not hack your use of SharedObject s and I will respect your wishes and never play this again.

Dadgame Dadgame

Ridiculously Amazing Achievement!!

This is an amazing piece of work. You must have written your own physics classes for this game it handles so smoothly and is so complex.
There are so many possibilities and things happening at once, it really is true to the Dad series.
It was so risky since Dad was something insanely successful but I believe you pulled it off flawlessly. The diversity of levels and boss fights looked like a pain in the ass to program. The cutscenes bring the game to life and I love how you incorporated the elements we loved from the cartoon into the game such as the guitar, the sword and laser eyes. I feel the control scheme is complex a little and hard to pick up, but what you did really well was creating a context sensitive control system where you can do different things with the same buttons in different states.
I love it!! Definitely one of the best flash games I've ever played.

Favouriting this shit!

Vorago Vorago

Ambitious project, Impressive and immersive

I have to say I was very excited to begin playing this game. I love survival horror, point and click and I was immediately drawn in by the atmosphere of this game.

The background art was amazing, very nicely rendered and lent your game a nice style. The sketchy manga style brought the visuals down a little. The outlines at times were too thick and messy. The HUD should have used a cleaner style so that clarity wouldn't be sacrificed. Although the cinematics were great, camera angles were well done.

I soon discovered that I needed the walk through, not to basically tell me everything but to move me along at parts that had me really stuck. One of the reasons why I was stuck were that there was little explanation of how to really go about advancing and reaching the next milestone when it comes to discussing items. For example, I had a hard time working out that the array that shows up when you talk to someone was their "topics of conversation" rather than an inventory.

When Jonathan needed to tie the rope into a knot, I couldn't figure out how to ask him. Also there were random items that commonsense alone would not have you guess fulfilled the purposes they did (such as the block of wood).
I felt that some of the tasks you needed to do would have never been found without the walk through, the video tape on top of the fridge would have taken me months to find.

What you need to do is to have some sort of clear indication of where a usable item is. I see you used the Capcom idea of making it shine, that's good but it just was not visible in some cases. The tasks shouldn't be too obvious but they were not obvious enough. I understand that it would be hard to design a game that is both challenging but not ambiguous in it's gameplay like this but you must use a test audience prior to releasing it. Fresh eyes on a project make you realise everything wrong with something.

I did like the joke with the flame thrower on the mirror. That was good.

The dialogue was well done, Ira is a fantastic actress, Jonathan is great and there were no problems with the other cast, except Amy who is a child and yes it would be hard for her to deliver a convincing performance and hide her Australian accent at the same time.

As for the characters themselves, well they were not realistic really. Ira was calm too often during moments that required distress, but in other moments she was wonderful. Seth was a good character but was driven to murder unexpectedly. A lot of times characters would randomly mention convenient shit that we as puzzle solvers would love to know but in context of talking to Ira, made no sense. Jonathan is fucking useless. I would say he's a bad husband for letting Ira go to the pharmacy.

On the subject of the story and religious connotations. I think it's a cool idea to draw inspiration from the Bible to make a story like this, but I can't help but feel that the purpose of the game was more of a Christian propaganda project than an interesting gaming experience with religious influence. This notably has alienated some of your audience. The pessimistic ending I felt was rushed as the world turned to shit so quickly and I was required to unrealistically opt to murder my husband and then whimper for help. I'm all for sad endings but I felt you were punishing the player for thinking they could escape what the scripture dictated by having everything become so hopeless so fast after all our hard work. The situation was not communicated as exactly hopeless and Jonathan did not need to die like that, it made it stupid. I found it funny also that Amy was undisturbed by all the murder she just witnessed, but scared of Seth after he tied up Ira earlier.

I am not complaining about the story, I wish to offer my critique to you and treat you as a game designer and a story writer. I have to applaud you on the multi-styled gameplay and atmospheric setting, You kept me playing until the end which I do with few flash games.

I'll be sure to view your other submissions also. Great work.

Crunchdown Crunchdown

Loved it Dawg

I really enjoyed this man, (I played it at work lol).
I have to say, playing this has been really inspirational to me as a person interested in developing flash games. The fighting system, the ability system is all great. (did you use listeners?) All of it is very well done, and I can't say it's without bugs but the fact you did different modes of play (car chase) is admirable.
I think the swearing is not an issue however I do understand why it would limit the audience you could show this to.
I am a flash programming teacher and i wish to show this to my class however I will have to skip the intro, lol. :)

Great work though and thanks for making this game, there definitely should be more beat em ups on this site! This is going in my favourites!

I-smel responds:

Wow, I'm being shown to a class :D

I don't know what a listener is :/

The Majesty of Colors The Majesty of Colors

Very original and interesting

Beautiful, poetic, and with the nostalgic graphic style reminiscent of a sierra game.
I enjoyed deciding the fate of those little low res dudes.

This was a wonderful experiment. Well done, I wish it was longer.

Frogger Extreme! Frogger Extreme!

Pretty good man

I couldn't pass Ridiculous mode,
The game over and you win screens are good, maybe there could be different ones for different difficulties as an incentive to finish on each mode.

Pity there's no fighter jet :)