A night at the opera A night at the opera

Juvenile and Not well thought out

Sorry but this was juvenile trash. It wasn't funny at all.
It fails on all levels.

The animation is simple but good enough to go with an audio track that would actually be funny. This is kindergarten shit and it lasts like 20 seconds before we get an embarrassing rap sung over credits.

JayCurren responds:

I'm sorry, I seemed to have really offended you.... I didn't realise your Dad was an ACTUAL rapist!!!

Wilhelm Park Wilhelm Park

Fantastic! A simple project, yet masterfully done.

I very much appreciate your use of texturing, blend modes and 3d tweens. I think the way you mix frame by frame, tweens and 3d elements is really seamless and I learned a lot from you by watching this one cartoon.
The acting is great, Caxx's screams at the end are delicious and I am so impressed that you created the music. What program did you use to make it? The part where the alien arrives at the end sounds totally like something composed by Vince DiCola. The story is simple and silly but your technique and attention to detail really opened my eyes (and ears).

redminus responds:

Wow, thanks a lot, this is probably my favorite review so far. I'm glad you kind of were able to catch everything... and yeah "simple and silly" is exactly what I was going for as far as the story. I used a lot of different software for the music, depending on which part... PM me about it if you'd like the a full breakdown.

The Last Mall Santa The Last Mall Santa

Great work, Really funny

Great job, this had really funny 'Ren and Stimpy' like animation gags, and awesome ridiculous anime attacks. I loved the escape part where they zoom out on a sleigh, bloody hilarious. The animation was really good, some of the poses were a little strange and there was a bit of volume inconsistency with the sounds/voices but overall it was way more entertaining than these other christmas animations. The music is awesome. The jingle bells playing as he looks to the sky made me laugh and I thought it was hilarious that he was in agony as all the mall santas poured out of his skin. Sound effects were very much appreciated.

tacobuttfish responds:

Thanks! I'm glad someone noticed our soundtrack as we made it ourselves! And I'm tickled fancy you enjoyed it!

-Taco Buttfish.

It's Bobby Dorsal It's Bobby Dorsal

hahaah very clever

Man this had me cracking up really hard , great job! Very funny.
I take it it's a message to pressuring parents to STFU. Hilarious.

A Bear Trap Mishap A Bear Trap Mishap

Superb

That was great, I immediately laughed at the way he unboxed the trap, and the part where something got caught, his excited face reminded me of stimpy in an "oh joy!" moment.

Really witty use of comedic timing and cheesy music, I'm so glad to see something this simple in concept yet high quality in execution on this site.

8-BIT Waterslide 8-BIT Waterslide

This is amazing

What a wonderful animation! It reminds me of teeny little super guy from Sesame Street. I didn't get that it was stop motion until about 10 seconds into it.
I enjoyed your changing facial angles during screams and your flowing taps. This is a work of genius.

Great to see something filled with creative energy and painstaking craftsmanship on the front page like this.

Snowbot Snowbot

Amazing

I thought this was really cute and well done.
I appreciated that you put in the effort to treat the robot as a 3d object, that really added dimension to your animation and he was cool to watch from different angles.

I also enjoyed your lighting effects, the shadow being pushed away by the music was impressive but even more impressive was when you flooded the stage with light.
The song is cool and I thought his little chirping with his square mouth was really cute.

Great work

Frost'D Frost'D

Short and Nasty AND cute

This was very well animated with great placement of sounds and musical scores, I truly felt startled each time frosty displayed his disfigured face. Very well done! I was very impressed.

SRM Transformers 4 Part 1 SRM Transformers 4 Part 1

Not bad

I really enjoyed hearing all the original episode scores in your cartoon, it felt a whole lot more authentic with those in there.
I like your designs of the decepticon jets and how you actually thought about how their little faces should turn into jets.

your pisstake on transformers' typical roles and attitudes was clever, and the rick roll was good but I felt was allowed to run a little too long. I did appreciate that you recreated the backdrop from the film clip.

I lold at Prime asking Cliffjumper if he transforms into more disappointment.
Good work :P

Battosai810 responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it! I don't even know where I got the score to the show. Some obscure fansite had a .zip lying around. Good to know someone could appreciate the old, cheesy music. The Transformations were tough, as Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker weren't originally intended to transform. But it wouldn't be Transformers without at least one bot transforming.

Glad you liked my take on it. I think the Rickroll may have gone on a bit too long, but most viewers are divided on it. Seemed like a great idea till I was halfway done animating it - could have stood to shorten the verse a bit.

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the review!

Covenant of the Sword Covenant of the Sword

I Loved it dude

Very good Marc, I'm so happy to see a new cartoon from you. Like many people I check back at Sick animation for new stuff and thirst for more, but am happy to watch the same stuff again and again.

I really love your wacky character designs, and original names like "Herculore" and "Icabus". This cartoon was quite funny but wasn't groundbreaking, but theres's nothing wrong with that. I guess I'm super thirsty for your stuff.
It was the first time I started to see a formula to your works. funny but lame rhyme joke "retractable draws" , disgusting humour with the period joke(that was great!).
The part that really stuck out for me was the "See ya, wouldn't want to bee ya" that part I thought was unexpected and hilarious.
You really know how to capture mundane mannerisms and make them funny. The voice style of the black guy on the jury stand is my favourite ever, anything you say in that voice makes me laugh.
Hope to see more soon man!